School Operations January 2022
Pen-y-Cwm continue to operate at the “very high risk level”.
The main principles include:
- Staff advised to participate in daily LFT testing.
- Secondary school pupils (if possible) to take LFT 2-3 times per week.
- Face coverings should be worn by staff in all indoor areas, including classrooms.
- Face coverings should be worn by secondary age learners in all indoor areas (if possible).
- Face coverings recommended for secondary age learners on home-school transport.
- Worn and inform letters will be issued where there are two or more confirmed cases of Covid within a class group over a 7 day period.
- Pupils will be asked to undertake daily testing for 7 days (if possible) in order to prevent wider spread.
There may be occasion where school need to move to blended learning as a result of staff absence. However, we will endeavour to provide continued support during period of disruption.
Visitors to school site will be subject to a risk assessment and considered on a case by case basis.
Please continue to be vigilant for any symptoms and do not let your child attend school if they are symptomatic, or they have been told to self-isolate by the Test Trace Protect Service.
Pen-y-Cwm will be operating a restricted timetable during the month of January.