The ALN Service
The ALN Service
The ALN Service is delivered by Pen-y-Cwm Special School and provides a range of Additional Learning Need advice and support to individual schools in Blaenau Gwent Local Authority.
The aims of the ALN Service are:
- To provide a service which will enable mainstream schools and learning resource bases to develop the capacity to effectively meet the needs of learners with Additional Learning Needs.
- To ensure effective partnerships between school staff, learners, parents/carers and outside agencies involved to facilitate a coordinated approach.
- To provide support to schools to ensure that learners with ALN make effective progress and reach their potential.
The ALN Service will:
- Provide advice, training and support for staff working with learners who have a range of ALN.
- Provide advice, training and support in helping schools assess the needs of learners with ALN
- To support schools in managing the process of inclusion.
- Provide advice, training and support on assessment for learners with complex ALN.
- Provide advice, training and support on social and emotional wellbeing and behaviour for learners with ALN.
- Support schools in the identification, assessment and review of the additional needs of children and young people, providing advice, training and support on appropriate provision, guidance and support
- To support schools in the early identification and intervention for children with additional needs
- Provide advice on planning appropriate interventions, training and support to implement them.
- Equip school staff with the skills to observe learners with ALN in teaching and learning situations to support person centred planning for these learners.
- Support the professional development of teachers, teaching assistants and ancillary staff in individual settings or clusters thus building the capacity of schools to meet the diverse needs of learners with ALN.
- Provide bespoke training for schools where needs are identified.
- Liaise with schools and other support services to offer advice, training and support to parents of learners with ALN.