Free School Meals
If you are receiving one of the benefits listed here and your child attends a Blaenau Gwent school, your child may be entitled to receive Free School Meals.
We know that many of our children are missing out on their entitlement to a free school meal, so please make sure that your child is receiving their full entitlement by checking today.
Families in receipt of one of the following benefits/support payments are eligible to apply for Free School Meals.
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and your annual income as assessed by Revenues and Customs is below £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension
- Credit Universal
- Or support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999