Health & Safety/Safeguarding
The Head Teacher and governors are aware of the concerns of parents everywhere regarding the security and the following precautions have been taken:
- The school has a fobbed security system which is connected to all external and some internal doors. Each fob is individually programmed to access specific areas within the building.
- Perimeter fencing is in place.
- All staff are allocated an identity fobbed badge.
- Visitors must sign in and out at the main reception desk and will be escorted around the school.
- Regular visitors will also have to sign in and out and will be given an identity fobbed badge to access appropriate areas.
- Appropriate DBS checks are made on all staff employed or regularly working at the school.
- Supply staff and placement students must provide an up to date DBS check.
- Fire drills take place termly and fire equipment is checked and serviced regularly. A full fire risk assessment has been carried out and is updated annually in consultation with the local fire safety officer.
- The school is fitted with a sprinkler system, fire safety lifts and evacuation chairs.
- All accidents and incidents are reported.
- The Pen-y-Cwm Safeguarding officers are Sian Blackmore and Theresa Evans-Rickards.
- The Safeguarding Governor is Wayne Evans.