To be recognised as outstanding in all that we do.
To empower and support individuals to be resilient and independent and to develop skills to reach their potential.
We are a school characterised by a commitment and ambition to be recognised as outstanding in all that we do. Our values are fundamental in ensuring that we achieve our vision and mission.
The Aims of Pen-y-Cwm Special School
- To provide every pupil with a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum including full access to the National Curriculum.
- To assist each child to develop his/her potential to the full.
- To ensure that each child feels equally valued within the school community.
- To help each child to learn to appreciate and value his\her own strengths.
- To provide opportunities to learn the skills needed in adult life (Maths, Literacy and social skills.)
- To provide each child with a series of individual education programmes incorporating a range of individual targets.
- To provide specialised support to all aspects of development in order to help each child progress towards as great a degree of independence as possible. This support will include a multi-sensory approach.
- To provide a caring environment ensuing each pupil’s welfare, hygiene and medical needs are appropriately cared for.
- To encourage the full and active participation of parents in their child’s education.
- To support all staff in their continued professional development
- To provide specialist support and advice to staff educating pupils with severe learning difficulties in a variety of educational establishments